Monday, March 10, 2008

My 9 year old loves goat cheese!


I know, it sounds pretty suspicious, but it is true. A while back (oh, like 2004!) I clipped a recipe from Epicurious for Orzo with Ham & Goat cheese. It's pretty good, and an easy weeknight meal. I hadn't made it in a pretty long time, but the other day my son said he missed it and could I make it. Yes, he asked for this dish when most of his classmates wouldn't eat orzo because they think it sounds gross. But give it a goofy name like ricey pasta or maybe Plankton Pasta (if you have kids you know what I refer to here!), and they are all over it. Well, maybe with velveeta but not good fresh goat cheese. Anyhow, I digress. This recipe is so simple, I used a Niman ham steak all chopped up and some squishy cheese. Yum!!
The best part according to the guys is that I usually stir it up once or twice after browning the top to get extra browned bits all stirred in.

Give it a try, it's really great!

No comments: