Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Easy tomato soup

Soup night was pushed back to Tuesday this week, we were working on a baseball-related project for our garage. I have really been down this week what with not having success in a job search, so wasn't highly motivated. I pulled up the old internet to find a simple tomato soup, and found one as easy as it gets. 4 cups chicken stock, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1 cup cream. Season to taste with salt & pepper, add basil to garnish (which I did not do... basil in January seems so very wrong). I think using home-made chicken/turkey stock was part of what made this soooo tasty. Served it with a foccacia from the stored dough split in half and filled with raw milk cheddar.
I cooked this loaf on the George Foreman grill that my brother & sister in law gave us for Christmas. It has lots more surface area than my panini press. That turned out really great also, since the bread is baked on an olive-oiled sheet & has oil drizzled over the top it gets nice & crusty.
Too bad it was 80 degrees out, we would have enjoyed it even more!

No comments: