Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am a terrible food blogger

I am such a bad blogger...

1 - I get into a rut where I make the same things over and over ... or go to Juan Pollo around the corner

2 - We go to the coast, eat fresh fish and/or steak, and really who wants to hear about our adventures at the beach?

3 - When I do cook something new -- this week a "quick chicken masala" from Food & Wine that I adapted to be even quicker -- I forget to take a single photo (but I served pale chicken and onions, along with white rice, on a white plate....)

Well... for #3, here's the recipe:

  • Take 1 8oz package of Greek yogurt, mix with 2 Tbs olive oil, a clove of garlic (minced) and 2 tsp of garam masala (I might suggest using a bit more), along with a tsp or so of salt. Mix up in a baking dish, then add a package of boneless/skinless chicken thighs, and marinate overnight.
  • Preheat oven to 400, slice a large onion up in 1/4 inch slices, lay the chicken out on the slices, cook for about 50 minutes in the top 3rd of the oven, until the chicken is done.
  • Meanwhile, I tossed some baby carrots with olive oil, salt & cumin seeds, then roasted them on the other rack in the oven for about 30 mins, tossing every few minutes.
  • Serve with basmati rice & chilled Harmony Riesling.

No comments: